"Los Angeles: A Brief History" presents a comprehensive look at the city’s transformation from a Mexican pueblo to the glamorous, sprawling center of today. This compact digital compendium helps you track the diverse forces that shaped the city as we know it. You’ll explore the exciting history behind the city’s cultural, economic, and architectural mainstays.
In addition to covering the timeline and evolution of the city, you’ll gain valuable insight into groundbreaking Los Angeles events and major figures down through history, including:
- Mexican and Spanish Roots
- City and Railroad Construction
- Population Explosion and Tensions
- The Birth of Hollywood and Angeleno Style
- Recent Economic Developments